Unleash the Power of Goal - Setting

I thought about taking a day off from my daily chapter reading and posts of Jack Canfield's book The Success Principles. But, when I woke again after a great night's sleep at 5am on the dot - I didn't get up but thought about going back to sleep or getting up... and after an hour of dozing and contemplating I decided I'm getting up - why? Because I'm excited and motivated to do this. This absolutely is for myself however if there is just one person that is inspired or motivated to go beyond thinking about the life they want to taking one daily action then that is more than worthwhile. Besides this cartoon got me laughing:



And you don't need to be a 'failure' or having a bad life to want to do this. This process is a continual journey because as you reach and achieve goals you reset them. Therefore rather than seeing this as a burden look at it as a lifestyle change.

Chapter 7 is a milestone because it now means I'm or we (for those along for the daily journey) are more than 10% through the book - Yay! And it just keeps getting interesting and this is from a person (me) that has been doing this kind of thing for decades!

Chapter 7 is Unleash the Power of Goal-Setting - and I agree this is nothing new however Jack Canfield does talk about the list of things you need to do such as (and I'm quoting directly from the book):

This makes you the top 3% of the world's achievers

To be in the top 1% of achievers:

That's it!

Phew - feeling daunted or motivated?

However, what he also shares are the top 3 things that emerge that stops people from achieving their goals. That I found interesting both personally and as a business mentor.

Grab the book and hear a summary from the author himself:




Labels: , , , , , , ,